Tuesday 11 January 2011

Something of value from a quiet day.

I haven't done anything today but watch Harry Potter 1 & 2 and pick little i up from nursery so I'm not very inspired for a blog post today. I see a flaw in this one a day plan.

However, I did something that is more valuable to me than almost anything else. I laid on the sofa with my baby snuggled up asleep on my chest. You can't beat that. It's too easy to forget the warmth of a new baby. What with the mentalness of the festive season, I don't feel that I've had enough time to snuggle on the sofa with little m. I intend to put that right over the next few weeks, before she gets to old and more interested in doing stuff. Like putting things in her mouth and falling off stuff.

I say it's more valuable than almost anything else because once we got home from picking little i up, we all laid on the sofa having a hug. The warmth from a toddler is different but the luxury of a quiet moment and a little hug and chat is so precious, particularly when it means a break in trying to get things out of their mouths or rubbing various bits of the body after they've fallen off stuff. (I have misrepresented little i here for literary symmetry; she hardly ever puts things in her mouth but often falls off stuff).

So I know I'm not very interesting today but I'm very centred and happy after a day devoted to the two most important things in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment