Thursday 3 February 2011

Getting to grips with being a mum of two

I know it's only been 6 weeks and 3 of those, I had Rob at home with us but I'll freely admit that I'm still trying to work out how to juggle the two of them.

I think I'm doing ok. Little i hasn't turned into a terror but she's been ill on and off ever since little m was born and I'd love to be able to spend as much time as she needs with her. At the same time, these little baby days are slipping away so quickly with little m and I'm beginning to feel like I'm missing it a bit.

The house is a tip and nothings getting done but that doesn't really bother me. It's being able to spend as much time as I'd like with the pair of them.

Today little i had her first session back at jellybeans music. She's been looking forward to it all week, telling everyone who'd listen that 'they've got room at jellybeans again'. So I picked her up from nursery at lunchtime with little m. The plan was to do little m's babybean session first. I'd brought i's baby doll and ds so that she could join in or entertain herself. But at nursery they told me that she was out of sorts and hadn't eaten any dinner (a chinese in honour of chinese new year). Little i was perfectly behaved during babybeans, but got tearful towards the end. So not like her. Then they both decided they wanted a feed so I dragged them both off to a toilet and sat on the floor with them.

Between babybeans and jellybeans little i decided she needed some juice, which was fair enough, only I hadn't brought any. Lesson learnt for next week. Bad Mummy.

Little i deteriorated healthwise during jellybeans. To begin with she just wanted to sit and listen but by half way through, she wanted to go home. So we did. I feel bad for taking them now but little m enjoyed her session so I suppose I would have felt bad for not taking them if I'd stayed at home.

On the plus side, last Friday little i was ill so we cancelled our planned activities and stayed at home. In the afternoon I got the jellybeans music in a bag out and we all played together. Me, little i and little m. That was the first time I really felt less like a mum of a toddler and a separate mum of a baby and more like a mum of two.

No comments:

Post a Comment